Marketing - Comercio
Professor of Marketing
2011 Post-Doctoral visiting researcher (Digital Marketing). Stanford University. Palo Alto, California, USA. Researched the impact of the Internet and ICT on society and comparing the European Digital Agenda policy with the operative of Silicon Valley.
2010 International PhD in Marketing. University of Valencia. Spain
Analysis of the influence of intra Web site comparative behaviour (Digital Marketing).
Research interests: Digital marketing, Innovation, E-tourism marketing Doctoral training undertaken in the Inter-University PhD programme of Marketing of the Univs. of Valencia, Polytechnic Univ. of Valencia, Alicante and Castellon.
2010 PhD researcher E-tourism and Digital Marketing. Nottingham University Business School, UK
2008 Pre-doctoral diploma in Advanced Research Studies (DEA). Universities of Alicante, Castellón, Valencia and Valencia Polytechnic Univ. Spain
2007 Masters degree in Education. University of Alicante
2004 European Industrial Engineer EurING European Federation of National Engineering Associations (FEANI)
1992-1995 3 years of Information Systems Engineering studies University of Alicante. Spain
1991-1992 MBA, Masters Degree in Business Administration. Specfic focus on Managing in Europe Middlesex University, London, UK. Funded with Valencian Government grant Residential week at Marseille Business School, France
1987 - 1991 Industrial Electronics Engineering. Polytechnic University of Valencia Received both academic awards of my promotion: Best electronics project of 1991 and Best technical innovation of 1991 and Best technical innovation of 1991. Project; 'Z80 microprocessor simulator'.
University of Surrey. - Masters degree in Tourism. Guilford, UK Presentation of research paper: Intra Web site comparison as a means of user engagement on travel Web sites
University of Nottingham. - De Haan Travel and Tourism Research Institute. UK Presentation of research paper: Intra Web site comparison as a means of user engagement on travel Web sites
Chamber of Commerce of Alicante. - Online Marketing Lecturer. Masters degree in Foreign Trade
Catholic University of Murcia. Lecturer of Online Marketing. Masters in Marketing
University of Bari. Italy - Summer lecturer in Marketing Msc with International Managing director of Nestlé, Global Marketing Manager de Oracle Worldwide, Professor of Economics of University of Rome and the marketing scientists George Christodoulides (Online Marketing) y Cleopatra Veloutsou (Branding)
University of Alicante. - Guest lecturer of Marketing Online. Master en Marketing
(3 courses annually)
Catholic University of Murcia. - Lecturer of Online Marketing. Masters in Marketing Chamber of Commerce of Alicante. Online Marketing Lecturer. Masters degree in Foreign Trade
Polytechnic University of Valencia. Conference: 'Online Marketing: Where are we now'
European Union School in Spain. Main lecturer of Economics of English. 5th year
Marketing School of Alicante - Main lecturer of Marketing (II), Main lecturer of International Marketing (IV), Main marketing lecturer of MBA, Main marketing lecturer of Masters in Marketing Main marketing lecturer in Advanced courses of Sales and Marketing (2 courses annually), Coordinator of the Marketing Academic Area, Permanent member of the board of management from 2005 to 2007, In 2006 I was also the main lecturer for Marketing II, Pricing Policy and e-commerce.
University of Alicante. - Guest lecture of Online Marketing. 2nd year Economics (3 lectures)
University of the Balearic Islands. - Lecturer of Online Marketing. MBA programme Lecturer of supply chain management and physical distribution. MBA programme.
Marketing School of Alicante - Main Lecturer of Marketing (II), Main marketing lecturer in MBA, Main marketing lecturer in MSc in Marketing, Main marketing lecturer in Advanced courses of Sales Management and Marketing (2 courses annually), Main lecturer of Marketing (II), Main marketing lecturer in post-graduate degree for harmonisation, Main markeing lecturer Advanced courses in Sales management and Marketing (2 courses annually)
Universiy of Alicante. - Conference 'Marketing on the Internet' (3 lectures) 2nd Economics. Guest lecturer.
Marketing School of Alicante - Main lecturer of Marketing (II), Co-lecturer of marketing (III) and (IV), Main lecturer in MBA, Main lecturer in Masters in Marketing, Main lecturer Advanced courses of Sales Managerment and Marketing (2 courses annually)
University of the Balearic Islands. - Main lecturer of logistics and physical distribution MBA programme
University of Alicante. - Guest lecturer 'Virgin Megastore Europe' 2nd Economics (3 lectures)
Business Confederation of the Province of Alicante (COEPA). - Marketing lecturer in English
Marketing School of Alicante - Main marketing lecturer of International Marketing (IV), Main marketing lecturer of Marketing I, II and III. Main marketing lecturer of Summer Course: Introduction to Marketing.
Alicante Marketing Association (Clademark). - Marketing course for business directors in Bacaja Bank
Footwear Industrial Association of Spain (FICE). - Foreign trade course (International Marketing module).
Alcoy Regional Business Association (ACECA). - Introduction to Marketing course
Marketing School of Alicante - Main marketing lecturer of Marketing I and Main lecturer of Decision Support Systems.
Marketing School of Alicante - Marketing lecturer (I). Organized 10 conferences and marketing and business events: 1. Cannes Advertising Festival Projection, 2. Tourism Marketing, 3. Product Marketing, 4. Advertising creativity, 5. Media Planning, 6. Total Quality Management, 7. Franchising, 8. Trainer Training Course, 9. Price estimation in Marketing, 10. International Marketing. - Case Studies
ÁREAS DE ENSEÑANZA
General Marketing courses
TOULOUSE BUSINESS SCHOOL Barcelona - Professor of Marketing.
HACKERS AND FOUNDERS – Palo Alto. Califonia. Director of Research of the world’s largest, Silicon Valley-based, technology founders network, across 40 countries.
HYDERMARKETING – CEO. Science-based Innovation Marketing
CITYLOGO.COM – 2M€ Startup Marketing director and Marketing Advisor
KEYTON, S.A. - Alicante - Marketing Manager
VIRGIN EUROPE - London - Product Manager
ESCUELA SUPERIOR DE MARKETING DE ALICANTE - Executive director
UNIVERSAL RECORDS. Record Company - Madrid - International Manager
46 Science Based innovation marketing projects conducted for ICT startups and Biotech startups, regional governments and the European Commission.
8+ JCR articles in working progress in the domains of digital marketing
1. Web site engagement (forthcoming). Chapter in book ‘Customer Engagement: Contemporary Issues and Challenges'. ISBN 978-1-13-884738-5
2. The role of personal involvement, credibility and efficacy of conduct in reported water conservation behaviour. Journal of Environmental Psychology, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jenvp.2014.02.003 .. 27 February 2014
3. Metrics for the measurement of online behaviour on Web sites: Clickstreams, EIPs or surveys?Chapter in book for Ramón Areces Foundation. Sales distribution. University of Oviedo. ISBN: 978-84-8367-469-7
4. The impact of engaging with Web sites in a highly connected society (forthcoming). IESE Barcelona / Oxford University Press, 2014. ISBN tbc
5. Human-computer interaction. Chapter in book ‘The Routledge companion to the future of Marketing’. Routledge, 2014. ISBN 978-0-415-62592-0
6. Brand engagement. Chapter in book “The Routledge companion to the future of Marketing”. Routledge, 2014. ISBN 978-0-415-62592-0
7. Working in Terms of Competences: Activities Designed Using Active Methodologies, 2008. Chapter in book ‘Technology, Education & Development’. In-Tech Austria. ISBN 978-953-7619-404
8. Reviewer for EMAC, AMA, AM & AMS Conferences (2011-present)
Scientific Expert for European Commission (Digital Policy and Innovation FP6, FP7 & H2020. 2008-present))
8. Assessment of a Web comparative behavioural model with an interdisciplinary and complexity approach. Academy of Marketing Science, Lima, Peru. 6 August 2014
10. Why do digital marketers really need to work with engineers ? AEMARK. Spanish Academic Marketing Association. 17 September 2014
11. Does Web Site Engagement Lead To Making A Purchase ? AMA 2014 Summer Educator's Conference, San Francisco USA. 24 May 2014
12. Can clickstreams and EIPs predict engagement with an online travel agency ? Academy of Marketing, Bournemouth, UK. 6 July 2014
13. Does engaging users with a Web site lead to telling other users about it ? EMAC, European Marketing Academy, Valencia. 3 June 2014
14. A Web Site Engagement Model to Examine Customer Value, Virtual Brand Potential and Purchase Intention. EMAC Valencia, 4 June 2014. Co-Chair Engagement SIG
15. Why do digital engineers really need to work together with marketers. Academy of Marketing Science. Melbourne, Australia. 25 August 2013
16. Does an elaborate navigation on a Web site lead to making a purchase ? AEMARK 2013, Spanish Marketing Association Academic Conference, Barcelona. 19 September 2013
17. Does Web Site Engagement Lead To Making A Purchase? AMA. American Marketing Association Summer Educators Conference. Chicago, USA. 17 August 2012
18. An integrative consumer-technology data acquisition methodology for application on tourism Web sites. Academy of Marketing. Southampton, UK. 2 July 2012
19. A combined consumer-technology methodology for the assessment of online consumer behavior’. Frontiers of Service Research conference. University of Maryland. USA. 15 June 2012
20. A Web engagement model grounded on a combined online behaviour-human computer interaction framework. Informs Marketing Science, Boston, USA. 7 June 2012
21. An analysis of antecedents and consequences of a Web site engagement scale based on an integrative consumer-technology methodology. European Marketing Academy, EMAC. Lisbon, Portugal. 22 May 2012
22. Proposal of a Web site engagement scale and research model. Analysis of the influence of intra Web site comparative behaviour. AEMARK 2012, Spanish Marketing Association Academic Conference, Mallorca. 12 September 2012
The role of travel destination pictures and consumer choice when engaging consumers on online travel destination Web sites. Academy of Marketing, 2011. Liverpool, UK. 5 July 2011
23. Combined online consumer-technology research. A new theoretical proposal grounded on clickstreams, elementary information processes and online surveys. European Academy of Management and Business Economics. Valencia, Spain. 8 June 2011
24. Engagement with travel Web sites and the influence of online comparative behaviour’. Academy of Marketing Science. IESEG Lille, France. 21 July 2010
Web site engagement: The influence of online choice behaviour. Informs Marketing Science, Cologne. Germany. 17 June 2010
25. Intra Web site comparison as a means for user engagement. European Marketing Academy, EMAC. Poster Session. Copenhagen, Denmark. 1 June 2010
26. Intra Web site comparison as a means for user engagement. Exploring Tourism III. Issues in PhD Research. University of Nottingham. Travel and Tourism Research Institute. 10 July 2010
27. Proposal of a Web site engagement scale and research model. Analysis of the influence of intra web site comparative behaviour. Doctoral Thesis. International PhD in Marketing. University of Valencia, Spain. 2011